We’re a leading digital agency committed to producing meticulous, high-quality work. At Tundra, we value employee empowerment, hard work, and a good user challenge to sink our teeth into.
To compliment our strong and stable team, we’re looking to hire a UX / UI Designer to add further depth and creativity ahead of some exciting new projects on the horizon.
You will need to be enthusiastic, accountable and highly productive with the UX, creative and technical skills to complement our small but innovative design team. At Tundra, we care about producing quality work as much as we appreciate Friday beers. And, you’ll get the opportunity to help shape the digital evolution of a number of world-renowned and exciting brands.
What you’d be doing
This role will involve partnering closely with other UX Designers to wireframe, build prototypes, validate hypotheses and translate insights into actions, while working cross-functionally to ensure at each stage of product development you are guiding the team with evidence and expertise.
You’ll be a core part of our project discovery process, to help understand and gather requirements, and scope. You’ll use this information to produce high-quality design artefacts and scoping documents at varying levels of fidelity, such as storyboards, user flows/journey maps, personas, wireframes, prototypes and more.
You’ll also be part of a cross-functional team, working alongside UX researchers, developers, copywriters, producers and other designers to deliver the highest quality work for our clients.
Delivering interesting and high-quality work with a relentless attention to detail, you’ll be able to simplify the complex, and execute user-friendly design. You will be working across a diverse range of projects, from campaigns to web applications, and mobile-led designs for projects requiring a complete strategic refresh of digital assets. The one thing in common with all of this work, is an inherent interest in problem-solving and building better solutions for end-users and businesses alike.
The skills we’re looking for
- 4+ years as an Experience or Interaction Designer across a variety of digital media
- Exceptional design skills and a portfolio showing a wide variety of work, and digital design thinking
- Solid experience in creating compelling design artefacts like wireframes, interactive prototypes and designs concepts with purpose
- Ability to strategically solve big UX and UI problems through design, choosing appropriate methods and outputs depending on the context, constraints and relative risk of the task
- A strategic thinker who contributes strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills, with a demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- The ability to balance creative and conceptual thinking, with an appreciation of Human and User Centred Design (HCD/UCD) approaches, and overall user experience across a holistic journey
- Strong communication and requirement gathering skills through workshops, interviews, meetings and presentations both internally and with clients
- Evidence of technical writing ability and an ability to communicate functionality and requirements to other designers and developers
- Proficient in Figma and Adobe Creative Suite (After Effects and/or similar animation programs would be advantageous)
- Proficiency in Axure is also desirable
- A strong understanding of current industry tools; and the ability to quickly adopt new technologies
- Familiarity with component libraries and knowledge of atomic design, design systems and DesignOps
- Experience working in cross-disciplinary teams and the ability to work autonomously (experience working in agile delivery frameworks like Scrum or Kanban would be advantageous)
- A robust and clear understanding of the development technologies that underpin modern digital products, and the desire to work closely with developers to create solutions within their constraints
- Recognised UX credentials (such as NN/G certification) will be highly regarded
The person we’re after
We’re looking for a strategic UX/UI Designer: someone with the experience and technical skills to complete projects to an exceptional standard, based on solid rationale and problem-solving skills. You will love the blend of creativity and technology, and the possibilities this can give to brands and users to help improve digital experiences. You will be naturally hard working and productive, and flexible enough to work through design problems to come up with the best design solution.
You’ll need to approach each project with the user top of mind and add value to our design process whenever possible. Finally, a love for engaging with clients is a must, and having a passion to pass on your experience and design passion to others in the team would be an advantage.
What we can offer
As part of the opportunity to work at one of Melbourne’s best digital agencies, Tundra can offer:
- A range of high-profile and interesting clients from a range of different industries
- The opportunity to work on varied projects
- A fun, supportive and collaborative work culture
- A highly motivated team who really believe in the work we complete
- A competitive salary
- Ongoing personalised development and training opportunities
- Ongoing remote working flexibility
- Reward and recognition programs
- A vibrant agency culture with an active social committee
- A bright, light-filled space in the heart of Fitzroy
How to apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and make sure you attach your CV and link to your portfolio, and include links to anything else that’ll help us get to know you better.
Applications close as soon as we find the right person.