Tundra is an agency specialising in high-detail, high-quality digital work focused on strategy, UX, content, design and development. We’re a group that values stability, employee empowerment, and a commitment to delivering work to the best of our ability. Since inception, we’ve grown steadily, but we’re now looking to add further depth to our team ahead of some exciting new projects.
About the role
We’re looking for a UX Researcher for a short-term contract position (with the potential to extend) to join a multi-disciplinary team of producers, designers, copywriters, developers and strategists.
A UX Researcher at Tundra combines two key sides of the brain; creative and analytical. You’ll be naturally proactive with the ability to work between research, content, design and strategy. You will fundamentally understand each of these disciplines with the intention of delivering the best possible solution and experience for users.
Ideally, you’re empathetic and endlessly curious about the user – going above and beyond to mine the depths of their experience to uncover rich insights. You’re also able to solve the problems you find using elegant solutions, and communicate the benefits of these back to our clients.
Key responsibilities include…
- Undertaking a variety of qualitative and quantitative research activities to interrogate concepts and validate hypotheses. This includes participant recruitment, setting test objectives, planning test processes, running user testing sessions, surveys, interviews, reviewing analytics, and providing detailed, useful reports
- Running stakeholder workshops and sessions to gather requirements, interrogate a particular idea or collate feedback and insight
- Articulating key ideas and findings with others both internally and externally, distilling complicated themes into digestible information
- Determining goals and key business objectives for clients
On any given day you might…
- Complete UX audits and strategic evaluations of current states, turning key learnings and insights into actionable recommendations
- Create low-fi wireframes, content hierarchies and prototypes to convey key concepts and flows
- Create user stories that can be translated into key features and functionality
- Collect and analyse data with the intention to make improvements to a user’s experience or a business’ conversion flow
- Write cohesive and useful reports that detail all learnings and insights as well as create documentation fit for sharing across wider stakeholder groups.
Your core skills will include…
- A solid grasp of user-centered design principles, testing methodologies, usability and accessibility concerns
- Confident in owning UX research activities – from ideation and pitching to set up, execution and reporting
- Able to communicate your research, data and ideas visually through outputs such as user journey flows, maps, graphs, and more
- Up to date with the latest industry trends in UX research, design and technology
- Able to work with multiple stakeholders to understand detailed requirements, pain points and opportunities
- The ability to clearly and effectively communicate process, ideas and solutions to the wider team and other stakeholders
- Fluency in wireframing, prototyping, and software such as Axure RP, Miro, Figma (or similar) is an advantage
- 2-3+ years experience in user experience related roles
What we offer
As part of the opportunity to work at one of Melbourne’s leading digital agencies, Tundra can offer you:
- A range of high-profile clients and the opportunity to work on varied projects
- A fun, supportive, and collaborative work culture
- Upskilling, mentoring and growth opportunities within the team
- A competitive salary
- Flexible work environment
- A gym membership
- A big, bright warehouse space in Collingwood
How to apply
Fill in the form below, attach your CV, and include links to anything else that’ll help us get to know you better. Applications close as soon as we find the right person.