Tundra is an agency specialising in high-detail, high-quality digital work focused on strategy, UX, content, design and development. We’re a group that values stability, employee empowerment, and a commitment to delivering work to the best of our ability. Since inception, we’ve grown steadily, but we’re now looking to add further depth to our team ahead of some exciting new projects.
About the role
We’re looking for someone who has experience as a Senior Front End Developer; but also somebody who loves to lead, mentor and learn from other developers in the team. We believe that leaders should be involved in the day-to-day work in order to make good decisions about what they and their fellow developers are doing.
If you decide to join Tundra as a developer, you’ll be working with a bunch of very down to earth developers (of all kinds) who like using nice things like Node.js, Vue.js, Docker, Contentful, Netlify, Static Site Generators, Craft CMS, Cloud Functions, Firebase, AWS, Figma and much, much more! You’ll be able to learn and experiment with whatever new technologies, tools or frameworks that you’re interested in. Everyone here has different interests/specialities that they narrowly focus on (amongst a broad skill set), so there’s always someone to reach out to for anything you’re a bit unsure about. We’re also looking for somebody who really understands and appreciates good design (and building design systems), accessibility and user experience.
On any given day you might…
- Decide on technical architecture for new projects
- Set up local development, server (and serverless) environments
- Be client-facing to communicate technical solutions and answer queries
- Estimate and quoting the scope, timeframe and hours required for projects
- Deliver projects to their (often tight) deadlines at a high quality
- Code flat mockups into responsive UI that works across all devices/screen sizes
- Building, documenting and maintaining front end design systems
- Write automation scripts/tooling for various agency and development tasks
- Mentor and assisting other developers on the team
Your core skills will include…
- Semantic HTML
- Modular CSS (with Sass)
- Vue.js (and Vuex)
- Design systems
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Craft CMS
What we offer
As part of the opportunity to work at one of Melbourne’s leading digital agencies, Tundra can offer you:
- A range of high-profile clients and the opportunity to work on varied projects
- A fun, supportive, and collaborative work culture
- Upskilling, mentoring and growth opportunities within the team
- Flexible work environment
- A competitive salary
- A gym membership
- A big, bright warehouse space in Collingwood
How to apply
Fill in the form below, attach your CV, and include links to anything else that’ll help us get to know you better. Applications close as soon as we find the right person.