We’re looking for a Frontend Developer with agency experience who enjoys bringing together the art of great design, with the science of innovative programming. You’ll be responsible for translating and bringing to life UI designs into interactive interfaces, giving end users the absolute best experience possible.
What you’d be doing
As a Frontend Developer at Tundra, you’ll be involved in a collaborative team environment that sees website and application development through from initial idea, to live working products.
You’ll be involved early on in projects to understand the functional and interactive requirements of the product, and ensure that we’re always thinking with the user in mind, as well as what’s possible from a development perspective.
The skills we’re looking for
At Tundra, we work in collaborative multi-disciplinary teams, so we’re looking for a Frontend Developer who’s not afraid of getting their hands dirty, is strategically minded and has strong experience in the below frameworks and project types.
The ideal candidate should have:
- 5+ years experience working as a Frontend Developer (with prior agency experience)
- Experience with Serverless and Cloud services, such as Contentful, Cloud function, Firebase, etc.
- Experience with Figma (Sketch, Illustrator and Photoshop a bonus)
- Knowledge and understanding of SVG and CSS animation
- Experience developing for CMS frameworks, specifically:
- Craft CMS and twig templates, Craft plugins (php) a bonus
- WordPress and its template and theme systems
- An in-depth understanding of web development and experience with small and large website redevelopment projects
- Experience using Jira and Confluence to track tasks and updates
- Basic knowledge of AWS (preferred, not mandatory)
- Knowledge and understanding of technical SEO, performance and Accessibility focused development
- Knowledge and understanding of Design systems and component driven development
The person we’re after
You’re an expert in your field, approachable and level-headed with a proactive personality. You’re able to visualise, articulate and solve complex problems, and have the verbal and written communication skills to help others understand them too.
Our ideal candidate is a holistic thinker with a big picture mentality, but just as comfortable in the depth of detail. They’re an absolute team player who’s not afraid to speak up, but also knows when to listen and take feedback on board. We want someone to join our team with new skills and expertise that will add a robustness to our offering moving forward, challenge our current ways of thinking, and bring new ideas to the table.
We’re looking for a developer who is cool and calm under pressure, likes taking on problems to solve, and enjoys collaborating with not only other developers, but also UX researchers, designers, strategists and content writers.
At Tundra, you won’t be told what to do; you’ll be encouraged to find your voice, speak up and make decisions that best suit the common goal we’re working towards. We have a fairly flat structure at Tundra to enable individual growth, embracing team differences and space to grow and evolve our offering into something new and exciting. The possibilities are endless.
What we can offer
As part of the opportunity to work at one of Melbourne’s best digital agencies, Tundra can offer:
- A range of high-profile clients
- The opportunity to work on varied projects
- A fun, supportive and collaborative work culture
- A highly motivated team who really believe in the work we complete
- A competitive salary
- Ongoing development and training opportunities
- Ongoing remote working flexibility
- A bright, light filled space in the heart of Fitzroy (when not working remotely)
How to apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and make sure you attach your CV, and include links to anything else that’ll help us get to know you better.
Applications close as soon as we find the right person.