As a Backend Developer at Tundra, you will be responsible for the server-side web application logic as well as for the integration of the front-end.
If you have outstanding programming skills and a great passion for developing beautiful, innovative applications, then you will love working with us at Tundra.
What you’d be doing
As a Backend Developer at Tundra, you’ll be involved in:
- Uncovering technical requirements through participation in workshops and team discussions
- Defining and communicating technical and design requirements
- Setting up small and large website architecture and CMS instances
- Configuring continuous integration and deployment pipelines
- Sinking your teeth into technical integrations that solve real client problems
- Building high-quality reusable code that can be used in future projects
- Developing functional and sustainable web applications with clean code
- Collaborating closely with frontend developers, as well as UX researchers, designers, strategists and content writers
- Troubleshooting and debugging applications
- Learning about new technologies and staying up to date with current best practices
- Conducting UI tests with an eye on performance and optimisation
The skills we’re looking for
We’re looking for a gun backend developer who is confident in setting up technical architecture for small and large sites, has experience working with different technical integrations and feels at home solving technical problems.
At Tundra, we work in collaborative multi-disciplinary teams, so we’re looking for a backend developer who’s not afraid of getting their hands dirty, is strategically minded and has a strong knowledge of frontend frameworks as well.
The ideal candidate should have:
- 3+ years experience working as backend developer (ideally with agency experience)
- Experience with version control and command line environments with Bash and Git
- Familiarity with Linux environments, Nginx and Docker
- Knowledge and experience working with the AWS platform, including:
⚬ Lambda/Node.js and serverless approaches
⚬ Elastic Beanstalk management, EC2, Elastic Load Balancing and Auto scaling
⚬ RDS (Aurora/MySQL)
⚬ Elasticache (Redis)
⚬ S3 bucket management
⚬ CloudFront configuration
⚬ ECS (Docker, Fargate tasks)
⚬ VPC (networking and security groups)
⚬ IAM (users and security policies)
⚬ Serverless framework
⚬ Step Functions
⚬ SNS, SQS, SES
- Experience with Algolia indexing, Imgix CDM management and Google Cloud
- A range of experience with CMS frameworks, specifically Craft CMS, WordPress and Drupal, including but not limited to installation and configuration, headless approaches/GraphQL, Twig, plugin management and custom plugins
- An in-depth understanding of web development and experience with small and large website redevelopment projects
- Experience using Jira and Confluence
Given our unique way of working, we’re also looking for the successful candidate to have some specific agency experience working on Agile projects (particularly Scrum and Kanban).
The person we’re after
You’re an expert in your field, approachable and level-headed with a proactive personality. You’re able to visualise, articulate and solve complex problems, and have the verbal and written communication skills to help others understand them too.
Our ideal candidate is a holistic thinker with a big picture mentality, but just as comfortable in the depth of detail. They’re an absolute team player who’s not afraid to speak up, but also knows when to listen and take feedback on board. We want someone to join our team with new skills and expertise, that will add a robustness to our offering moving forward.
We’re looking for a developer who is cool and calm under pressure, likes taking on problems to solve, and enjoys collaborating with not only other developers, but also UX researchers, designers, strategists and content writers.
What we can offer
As part of the opportunity to work at one of Melbourne’s best digital agencies, Tundra can offer:
- A range of high-profile clients
- The opportunity to work on varied projects
- A fun, supportive and collaborative work culture
- A highly motivated team who really believe in the work we complete
- A competitive salary
- Ongoing development and training opportunities
- A bright, light filled space in the heart of Fitzroy (when not working remotely)
How to apply
Email email@example.com and make sure you attach your CV, and include links to anything else that’ll help us get to know you better. Applications close as soon as we find the right person.